Subject: [Leica] Re: MP vs. M7
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 14:37:01 -0600

Ted:

>But Eric don't you keep a spare battery in your bag or pocket for all
>battery using or operated cameras you use?

Should I or do I?  :)

I didn't realize quite how cold my Leica was going to get.  It--and my spare
battery--were in a bag sitting out of harm's way while I was visiting with a
friend.  His house is a work in progress, and it was closer to a draft than
I realized.

I'm not anti-battery.  I also use an auto-everything-including-the-kitchen-
sink SLR.  In fact, I rarely take it off auto because it has such intuitive
manual overrides.  I can easily set "my" settings while it's still into auto
mode.

Should battery operation be the only concern?  Nope.  But it might be
important to somebody.  While autoexposure can be nice (and can be a pain in
the arse), I really enjoy using a mechanical camera.  And a fully automated
one, as well.  I see the M7 as in between and the MP as fully mechanical.

Eric

Replies: Reply from Feli di Giorgio <feli@creocollective.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: MP vs. M7)
Message from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: MP vs. M7)
Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Re: MP vs. M7)