Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: digital Leica (WAS Beth Keiser Shoots B&W 4x5 ForCampaign Coverage)
From: Michiel Fokkema <michiel.fokkema@wanadoo.nl>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 12:45:01 +0100

I couldn't agree more with Nathan. For me also the EVF is a drawback. I
use Leica's especially for the outstanding VF of both the M and R8. As
Nathan, I looked through the EVF of the Digilux 2, and believe me it has
nothing to do with M or R VF's.
I also use Leica's for the outstanding quality of the lenses. The few
pictures
Http://www.leica-camera.com/discus_e/messages/3/45964.html?1074971082
  that were shown on the Leica forum a few day's ago made me expect the
worst. I see severe barrel distortion what makes the camera for me
almost unusable. I hope it has something to do with prototyping and that
Leica will solve this in the real production.
In this case i must agree with B.D. Just because it has a red dot I seem
to be the only one who sees the distortion. Paying that much money for
an average digicam is outrageous.
I think that the digital technology has not yet fully matured. This
implies that any digicam you buy now will be outdated within, at the
most, two years. For me therefore a long live robust build quality is
not nescecary yet. If I'm going to buy a digicam in the near future it
will be the panasonic or an Olympus or Sony. When the digital technology
has matured I'll probably go for the quality build of whatever Leica is
available by then. I hope the R digiback will give that quality. With
the digiback I'm sure I will have at least the same optical quality as
with film.

Best regards,

Michiel Fokkema

Message from Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl> ([Leica] Re: digital Leica (WAS Beth Keiser Shoots B&W 4x5 ForCampaign Coverage))