Subject: Re: [Leica] Fw: [LargeFormat] Beth Keiser Shoots B&W 4x5 For Campaign Coverage
From: sam <sam@osheaven.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:54:59 -0500

I think you're on to something. It's difficult to understand why Leica
couldn't have produced a decent digital camera by now. And why they
chose to come out with a pretty nice digital camera for $1800. $1000 too
much.

Someone needs to convince Leica that they can't use the same pricing
structure for their digital cameras as for their film cameras. The M6/M7
cameras are the only quality rangefinders made. Cosina makes a nice
entrance level camera, but it's not in the same class as the M series in
any area, whereas there is nothing noteworthy about Leica's digital
models, and consumers have a couple hundred non-Leica models to choose
from.

Sam S