Subject: RE: [Leica] enlargers
From: "Frank Vincent" <fvincent@kc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 08:44:09 -0600

I just bought a Beseler 23cII XL from EBay last month.  My old 23c,
which was old when I got it 30 years ago, was too short to do larger
prints.  I found that the new lens board was only slightly larger than
the old one, but both work on either.  The older one was more sturdy,
but I stabilized the newer one to the wall with no problem.  Also, the
bulb has changed, and the filter holder now is mounted on the frame, but
that's about all.  Otherwise they are nearly identical.

Frank Vincent

To second what was mentioned in a previous post, over the years I found
Bessler followed by Omega to be the easiest to find things for, while
Durst
was the worst.  To many models that did not have interchangeable parts
over
the years and they never made it big here to compound the issue. Other
ones
I would stay away from are Vivitar and the no name units, same problem
as
the Durst.
Bill