Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital-redux
From: "Slobodan Dimitrov" <s.dimitrov@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 09:50:11 -0800

Oh, I know that for now everything is under control. While technically I
might have the copyrights to my image, without the cocoon of licensed
software around it, I wouldn't have access to that material.
As things stand now, those agreements are done on the level of spit and a
hand shake. Those laws are the product of industry self-policing, itself an
oxymoron, and not by a series of very stiff legal challenges.
Whose to say that with the diminishing rate of return on profits, there
won't a slew of Milkens, Boeskys, and the like, looking for soft targets.
On the other hand, there is the issue of transfer. Let's say the media
material winds up in a library, or museum, etc. The licensing agreements are
different for institutions, and are certainly a weak area for a contest.
S. Dimitrov