Subject: RE: [Leica] I Hate Cats Contest....
From: "Gary Williams" <nasmformyzombie@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 10:31:54 -0500

- -

Gobsmacked, I've not read such a tirade of bile and drivel for ages. Of
course it could be meant ironically, but I thought we British we meant
to understand irony. Did the bars shut early in Baltimore this weekend?

Perhaps if Gary knew what Steve actually did for a living he'd
apologise, probably not.

Steve

Apologize?  For what?  Most violent and disturbed people usually start
young with cruelty to animals, and then ratchet up their depravity to
people.  As for the medical profession, it is very likely that Jack the
Ripper (to use a British example) had medical training, so that
profession does not provide any claim on moral superiority.

We're the most violent to our own of any animal species on the planet
and pumping up deflated human egos by engaging in real or fantasized
cruelty on animals and to other beings not capable of mounting a defense
is the purview of the truly weak and depraved.  I hold to the simple
philosophy of an American president, John F. Kennedy, who said you're
either part of the solution or part of the problem.  With their juvenile
attempts at humor one thing is certain, Barbour and Colen sure as hell
are not a part of the solution.

Gary