Subject: [Leica] The I Hate Cats Photo Contest
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:49:22 -0700

I am not particularly fond of cats having suffered though the lives of
more than a few in my day. I do not hate cats but I certainly won't
cross the street to do a cat a good turn. However, I do hate cat photos
with a passion. Therefore, as a part of my ongoing therapy, I would
like to propose a photo contest with the only stipulations being that
there has to be a cat at least partly visible in the photo and that the
photo would pass muster with the SPCA and most of the PETA membership.

There will be three prizes of Larry Welker's on/off switch for an
M6/M6TTL/MP (see www.quickreleaseplate.com). I may be able to come up
with substitute prizes for those of you who use a non-metered M or an
M7. BD Colen will be the only judge and his word will be final. Any
shamefaced bribery or other such chicanery is strictly between you and
Dr. Blacktape.

BD doesn't mind cats and is the owner of one cat, which he dearly
loves, and another whom BD claims is so vicious he is about ready to
offer it to you know where*. Which is an excellent example of what will
not be accepted.

Up load your photo to whichever site your prefer. Photo.net is free,
and not too annoying, and I am sure there are many others. Post the
link to the list and so the contest begins...

Contest runs until the end of January or sooner if there are too many
Gawd Awfuls posted.

John Collier

*http://www.bonsaikitten.com/

Replies: Reply from "Christopher Williams" <leicachris@worldnet.att.net> (Re: [Leica] The I Hate Cats Photo Contest)