Subject: Re: [Leica] DAS in Barcelona
From: Aaron Sandler <aaron.sandler@duke.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 09:54:01 -0500

Thanks for putting these up, Dante.  I really enjoyed seeing the current
state of the Sagrada Familia cathedral.  I visited Barcelona the summer
after I graduated high school in '89 (one of those mad Eurail trips) and
was blown away by Gaudi's work.  Seeing your photos makes me want to go
back again.

Back then I didn't know how to be properly neurotic about selecting photo
gear for a trip...I carried a huge Tamrac bag filled with an F3HP with
motor drive, a backup FM2 with motor drive, all my lenses (a 24, a 50, a
105, and a bazooka of an 80-200), along with about 100 rolls of film!  The
Tamrac was the same size as my other bag, a daypack, in which I carried all
the clothes and non-photographic things I needed for the 6 weeks!!!  A far
cry from today's setup.

I'm going to dig through a couple of boxes and see if I can find any of my
Sagrada Familia shots to see how much it's changed over these 15 years.

Best,
Aaron