Subject: Re: [Leica] DAS in Barcelona
From: Dante Stella <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 08:28:42 -0500

Hi Adam:

Thanks.

I deliberately excluded large images due to the problems I have been
having with people stealing stuff off my web site to sell thing on
Ebay.  Also, I am getting really short on web space, and any more JPEG
compression will be unpleasant (given the dark cast to a lot of these
pictures, the artifacting in the shadows would be a problem).

15 and 16 are an apartment building designed by Gaudi; he was into the
melting organic school of art nouveau.  It's made of cast concrete.
Even the inside is curvilinear.  16 is a set of chimneys on top of the
building.  They are made of cement with a covering of broken tile.  The
cathedral and the park bench in the other pictures are done in broken
polychrome time.

Cheers
Dante