Subject: Re: [Leica] Darkroom Survey
From: Jeff S <four_season_photo@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 22:39:40 -0800 (PST)

1. Traditional darkroom + digital
2. Maybe still 80/20 in favor of film. 99% of
conventional printing is b&w, but I occasionally will
do color. To date, most of my digital work is simply
to be shared online. Though I have an Epson Photo 1200
printer, I rarely use it for photos.

Darkroom gear includes LPL 4x5 enlarger with VCCE &
color modules, Fujinon-EX and Schneider Componon-S
optics, Jobo film processor, RH Labs Analyser Plus.

Digital imaging is not new to me! I have been doing it
since around 1986 using a Mac 512K, Macvision
digitizer and HP ThinkJet printer. In 1995, I was
carrying around an Apple Quicktake 100 camera, Duo 230
notebook computer and printing out on a StyleWriter
2400 color inkjet printer. I may still have one or two
printouts around somewhere-pretty awful! I'll continue
to use digital where it seems appropriate (GREAT for
PAW types of projects), and certain aspects, such as
layering multiple images for contrast control or
outputting to Crystal Archive or Ilfochrome, interest
me. Two things on my photo wish list are (1) a high
quality all-in-one digital camera offering full manual
control, and (2) an 8x10 Shen Hao view camera.

Jeff

>Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 18:59:41 +0800
>From: DKhong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
>Subject: Re: [Leica] Darkroom Survey
>
>Friends
>
>In 1999, we participated in a darkroom survey that
>allowed each LUGger to list their "traditional"
>darkroom equipment e.g. enlarger, lens, B&W or
>colour, etc. More than 100 of us who responded were
>using traditional darkrooms to produce their images.
>
>Perhaps it might be worthwhile to do another survey
in >light of the digital revolution. May I suggest
that >this survey address the following:

>1. Traditional darkroom only   /  Traditional
darkroom >plus digital darkroom