Subject: RE: [Leica] Nikon RF 85/2 Lens - User Experience
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:29:00 -0600

Daniel

What brand of SLR do you have?  I f Leica, the 28 - 70 works just fine and
can be had for a song these days.  Not the most popular of R lenses, but
quite nice for most situations requiring that range of focal lengths.

Gene

                      Daniel Ridings
                      <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.n        To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      o>                                  cc:
                      Sent by:                            Subject:  RE: [Leica] Nikon RF 85/2 Lens - User Experience
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo
                      -alto.ca.us

                      01/20/2004 12:49 PM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

There's one single situation I'm involved in that the foot-zoom doesn't
work and that's when I'm taking pictures of the team skaters. I place
myself higher up in the middle of the rink. A 45 would be perfect when
they're in the middle of the rink and a 70 when they're at either end.

So I'm actually on the look-out for one of those otherwise useless zooms:
35-70. Absolutely no useful range in normal conditions, but I would look
pretty silly pendling back and forth on the sidelines at breakneck speed
to zoom with my feet :)

Daniel