Subject: RE: [Leica] Nikon RF 85/2 Lens - User Experience
From: Daniel Ridings <>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 19:49:03 +0100 (MET)

There's one single situation I'm involved in that the foot-zoom doesn't
work and that's when I'm taking pictures of the team skaters. I place
myself higher up in the middle of the rink. A 45 would be perfect when
they're in the middle of the rink and a 70 when they're at either end.

So I'm actually on the look-out for one of those otherwise useless zooms:
35-70. Absolutely no useful range in normal conditions, but I would look
pretty silly pendling back and forth on the sidelines at breakneck speed
to zoom with my feet :)