Subject: 14127 vs. 14167 (was: Re: [Leica] WTB: 14167 adapter)
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 07:30:43 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com> wrote:

> i think you've explained this once already so forgive me, but what is
> the difference between 14127 and 14167?   is there a difference if
> one has an SL2?

The difference is that the 14127 has a pseudo-aperture ring that was supposed to be used to tell the Leicaflex Standard's exposure meter what aperture the lens was set at, since this camera has a non-TTL light meter, while the 14167 does not have this aperture ring.  Newer versions of the 14167 have a nul cam for R bodies to zero the meter properly, but not all 14167 have this.

With the 14127 and SL2, the aperture indication in the viewfinder will tell you what you've set the pseudo-aperture ring to.  The pseudo-aperture ring doesn't affect the meter reading at all so for all practical purposes the aperture indication in the SL2 viewfinder should be ignored when using the 14127 - aside from this it works fine.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from "SML" <leirex@access4less.net> (Re: 14127 vs. 14167 (was: Re: [Leica] WTB: 14167 adapter))