Subject: RE: [Leica] pictures for critique
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 19:40:00 -0500

Eric,
As you might have decided, http://canid.com/pics/jbm_chair1.jpg is the
strongest image.  This is a very good catch and a successful off center
composition.

Below, you will find my minor carping about two solid images.  Please
take it for opinion.

The other two, http://canid.com/pics/jbm_peek1.jpg and
http://canid.com/pics/jbm_profile1.jpg are not quite so strong IMHO.
The middle one is just a tad dark on my monitor and the third one
suffers from the light dark transition just where her eyes are.  To me,
this would work with an older subject so that the tension between the
light on her eyes looking into the dark adds mystery.  With a subject so
"innocent" I just don't appreciate it as much as if all the background
was dark or light.

On another note, don't you appreciate the tonality and relatively low
grain of Neopan 1600 and Xtol?

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com