Subject: Re: [Leica] Peachy & better!!!1 :-)!
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 06:40:57 -0800

Doug Herr the birdman showed:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Peachy!

> Roland, I think it's easier to get this kind of quality with the 400 f/6.8
> simply because it's easier to manage, is less subject to wind, and if you
> were to use it on a tripod it balances better.  At
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/400.html you can see a number of photos
> made with 400mm lenses, the vast majority of them were made with the
> 400mm f/6.8.<<<<

Aw gee whiz Doug way to go! Made my day eh? :-( All I ever get to shoot are
people!!! ;-) And you get all the neat stuff! ;-)

When you post a series of exceptional photographs such as we see here it
makes viewers, and I mean all of us,  appreciate your patient's, wonderful
talent and skill as a photographer, certainly with long lenses. A master
without question!

A group showing like this once in a while is so wonderful to take ones time
appreciating these beautiful critters of Mother Nature. Thanks for the
posting.

ted

Replies: Reply from "Gerry Walden" <gwpics@aol.com> (Re: [Leica] Peachy & better!!!1 :-)!)