Subject: Re: [Leica] Peachy!
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 05:13:40 -0800

on 1/12/04 10:10 PM, Roland Smith at roland@dnai.com wrote:

> Hello Doug:
>
> I really like the picture. Does the 400mm  telyt produce as good an image at
> distance to a similar scale?
>
> Roland Smith
> Oakland, California

Roland, I think it's easier to get this kind of quality with the 400 f/6.8
simply because it's easier to manage, is less subject to wind, and if you
were to use it on a tripod it balances better.  At
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/400.html you can see a number of photos made
with 400mm lenses, the vast majority of them were made with the 400mm f/6.8.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Peachy & better!!!1 :-)!)