Subject: [Leica] Re: Suggestions for Positive film
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 09:19:56 -0500

Dear Matt,
    If you want rich high quality color images from  your hospital
assignment, not try lighting everything with big strobes?
    This existing light only theory is utter nonsense.
    A transparency printed from an 800ISO color negative will never look as
good as a properly strobed Kodachrome 64 trannie shot at f/8. OK, today is
would be a Ektachrome 100G trannie at f/8 and a half.
    You will only be able to shoot two or three scenes a day, need an
assistant to help with all the stuff, and it will cost the client more, but
it is the best way to obtain top quality.
    On my web site, there is a strobed operating room photo. I think I shot
three or four rolls of film and no one was bothered by the lights. Also, I
was very deliberate in my shooting I never shot in rapid succession which
would have been disturbing.
Happy Snaps, & good luck,

Sal
Sal DiMarco, Jr.