Subject: [Leica] OT Non Leica photos a zero F in Massachusetts
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 21:00:54 -0800

Jim:
1. Nice  shots.  You can see how cold it is by the frozen salt water behind
the seaweed!  I love the colors in the water.  The seagulls look like
they're coasting on that north wind.

2. Are you nuts??  I know that place.  For those that don't, Hull, Mass. is
at the end of an exposed peninsula that juts out northward into the
Atlantic.  Jim was somewhere in the middle of the peninsula. When the wind
gets going, it can cut right through you on a cold day.  I see whitecaps
out in the water, so it must have been blowing.  That and zero
degrees?  Yow!  I hope you found a nice warm coffee shop or "bah" afterwards.

As a New Yorker might say, it ain't just the cold, it's the Winchell Factah.

Now John Collier is going to chime in that that's just balmy T-shirt
weather in Edmonton.  And Ted Grant will reminisce about the time he
photographed Eskimos hunting seals through holes in the ice on the
northeastern shore of Hudson Bay at forty below--his Leicas kept right on
shooting, but his companion had to do an emergency relube of his Nik*n F
using whale blubber oil. . .

- --Peter, who thinks there's a Nor'Easter blowin' up, ayah. . .

Replies: Reply from Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no> (Re: [Leica] OT Non Leica photos a zero F in Massachusetts)
Reply from David Young <dnr@horizon.bc.ca> ([Leica] Re: OT Non Leica photos a zero F in Massachusetts)
Reply from Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com> (Re: [Leica] OT Non Leica photos a zero F in Massachusetts)