Subject: [Leica] A Home
From: "lists" <lists@heninger.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 19:27:40 +0000

A new set of images, taken before I began restoration on my home this fall.

Our home is in a small town that grew up around a mill at the turn of the last century.  Many of the homes adjacent to the site were built by mill workers, clustered together in a little valley in the foothills of the Cascade mountain range.  At one point, the town was a bustling transit center, being the last main stop before one headed over the pass to eastern Washington.   I've had a glimpse of the photography from that era and seen quite a few interesting things.  Of course, I covet the negatives...

Only a subset of the original homes remain, but many have been taken over by those interested in preservation.  Today the town consists of a handful of houses, a church, and a WPA-era community center (which my neighbor remembers being built).

Oh, and a bridge. We have a bridge too, and I shouldn't leave that out.

http://heninger.org/gallery/2004/ahome

Enjoy.

Replies: Reply from RUBEN BLĘDEL <ruben@rhodos.dk> (Re: [Leica] A Home)
Reply from "lea" <lea@whinydogpress.com> (Re: [Leica] A Home)