Subject: [Leica] OT: Olympus p/s 35/2.8
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 19:27:38 +0100 (MET)

They're called different things in different countries. This is that
little weather-proofed Olympus Stylus (35mm 2.8 lens) that we had up for
discussion a couple of weeks ago.

There's a story here.

Every year the county sponsors a trip to Auschwitz. Each school in the
county sends two students. The students take part in a competition. They
write essays on why they would like to go and get chosen on the basis of
that. My son was one of them.

I gave him the Olympus and a few rolls of Tri-X. He forgot the Olympus in
a hotel in Krakow. He felt really terrible when he got back and told us.
We called the hotel. Yes, they had it. We asked if they would hold on to
it for a couple of weeks. We had other friends going down that way. "No
problem."

We got the camera back and here are a couple of shots. Not bad for a 15
year old kid who refuses to take advice.

http://folk.uio.no/danielr/images/04v02-0001.jpg
http://folk.uio.no/danielr/images/04v02-0002.jpg

Daniel

Replies: Reply from "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] OT: Olympus p/s 35/2.8)