Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Meter Sensitivity
From: Henry Ting <henryting@riteful.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 06:54:32 -0800 (PST)

The range that the meter is effective from EV 0 to
EV20 is just fine. However, the M6 classic, compared
with the newer meter such as the MP or the M7 is not
as sensitive. It could well be just as sensitive, but
the 2 triangle LED lights, illuminating as the same
time, is not as visually accurate when you want to
eyeball whether its in the + or - range. Compared with
the newer center dot LED, the balance is right on and
you can visually see a fraction of - or +. Also,
compared with the new meters, the classic Ms' are
dimmer. This causes me problems shooting against light
background where the bright VF camouflages the LED to
a point its barely visible. Hence gauging whether its
actually + or - in 1/2 EVs is impossible.
- --- Gary Williams <nasmformyzombie@mindspring.com>