Subject: RE: [Leica] Bimmer, Beemer, Beamer
From: "WOC" <woc2@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 09:51:18 -0500

Frank,
  Ok, this is how it works, a Bimmer is the car as in "Muffy and Biff took
the Bimmer to Starbucks", a Beemer is the bike as in "riding my Beemer in
the snow is not much fun", and a Beamer is a glass of Jim Beam as in "Hmmm,
out of Jack? ok, I'll have a Beamer in my egg nog then" :->
  No idea why the car and bike have different 'names' but the drink is
simple to figure out.  And remember, never drive your Bimmer or Beemer after
consuming quantities of Beamer.  And no, given the rain today I will not be
on my Beemer but will be delivering Christmas gifts snug and warm in my Audi
:->

  To those on the LUG that celebrate the day, have a very Merry Christmas.
Bill

 I always wondered what a Beamer was - now I can guess that it is American
slang for BMW! The LUG is a great educational source!
 Happy Christmas everybody,
 Frank