Subject: [Leica] Christmas, again?
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 23:06:55 -0700

It seems that another Christmas approaches. Mirroring our For Sale
Fridays, the greetings appear as the sun illuminates yet another batch
of eager Leica-Users. The steady march of the time zones slowly draws
us all into day. For many, their Noctiluxes, Summiluxes, Summicrons
and, yes, Noktons strain to record details in the murky gloom that is
often called morning on Christmas.

That time still tarries here and my young son finds its passage
burdensome. Will Santa bring him a remote-control Tyrannosaurus Rex?
Or, will his mail to the North Pole have been mixed with another's,
resulting in a remote-control, gasp, Ankylosaurus. One smiles at the
troubles of our youth. I still remember my brother's untimely Christmas
fall, crushing my new toy Jeep, just hours old. Have I forgiven him
yet? Probably not.

I can smile because I know that it IS the Tyrannosaurus that will greet
him in the morning. I can smile because I know: not much, it is true,
but enough to smile on Christmas. May we all enjoy the days in which we
have the knowledge to smile, be they Christmas, Hanukah, Ramadan, New
Years', or what have you.

Yours, just mounting the Noctilux,

John Collier