Subject: [Leica] Re: Inspired but arrested
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 17:01:10 -0600

Daniel:

>> After all, a Mall isn't like walking down the street, it's privately owned
>> and controlled by the   rules and regulations set by the owners and no
>> amount of posturing, my rights etc., are going to let you off the hook.
>
>Wierd, really wierd.

Why do you think that's so weird?

If I invite somebody to enter my building on my land, shouldn't I as the
owner still have some rights?

It's not quite so simple as that.  But turn it around and look at it from
the owners' vantage point.  If you have photographers harassing your paying
customers, you'll do something about it.  I'm willing to bet that the reason
there are these strict rules is because some idiot with a camera annoyed the
wrong person and kept annoying him when asked to desist.

Common courtesy goes a long way in situations like these.  When we're not on
public land, our right to shoot doesn't trump somebody else's right to
privacy.  On public land, we can shoot as much as we want.

Eric

Replies: Reply from RUBEN BLĘDEL <ruben@rhodos.dk> (Re: [Leica] Re: Inspired but arrested)
Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Inspired but arrested)
Message from Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no> (Re: [Leica] Inspired but arrested)