Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V26 #111
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 18:55:16 -0800

At 05:12 PM 12/18/03 -0800, Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl> wrote:
>You rubbernecker!
>
>Reminds me of a recent newspaper story about an American tourist in
>Germany, driving a rental car and following the GPS instructions
>slavishly until he found himself and his car inside a shop :-)

Hi, Nathan, thanks for looking.  It was a little too close to home.  Had
the VW bus' driver veered a little bit to the left, he would have crashed
through a window and ended up in one of our Administrative Assistant's
office.  I'm just thankful that this didn't happen, and that no one was
waiting for the bus when he hit the shelter.

>On a related note, flying back from Spain this evening I was reading a
>survey of aviation in The Economist, in which they foresee a future of
>pilotless aviation, initially for military applications but later also
>for passenger travel. As a weekly traveller, I am not quite sure about
>getting into a plane with no pilot.

Remember that old joke about the automated announcement on the pilotless
plane?  It ends thus:  ". . .with a machine, nothing can go wrong, <click>,
go wrong, <click>, go wrong, <click>, go wrong. . ."

- --Peter