Subject: [Leica] Focomat 1C autofocus set-up experience
From: "Jem Kime" <jem.kime@ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:53:44 -0000

Help, please, in the nicest way...

Any of you good folks out there actually set up the autofocus on a Focomat
1C before?
I've been struggling with one recently.

I've done the asy bit of setting the arm on the column the correct distance
above the bottom pin (of the two) for the height of the easel.
I've set the arm for max enlargement (10x) and then set the focus on the
ring and pinned the focus check into a locked position.
Then I've moved it to a 2.5x enlargement and tried to adjust the focus to be
correct using the adjusting screw acting on the cam, BUT, this is where it
goes pear-shaped. the cam can't be persuaded to extend the focusing mount
low enough to create a sharp image.

Any ideas?

regards,
Jem