Subject: Re: [Leica] OT- War Photography
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 10:52:06 -0800

>I was at once shocked that a
>weapon we have could have
>such an effect, I discovered that the culprit more then likely was the
>use of depleted uranium tipped shells.

The depleted uranium tipped nature of the weapon would only involve its armor-piercing ability since the tip of the weapon is able to break through the tough armor. Once a weapon erupts inside an armored vehicle then no matter what happens things get ugly. Just the kinetic energy transfer is going to do ugly things.

However in terms of shock you must not be clued into flame throwers and napalm.

And of course there are car bombs, shrappnel, the works being used against purely civilian targets all over. To me the military weapons pale in comparison.

AB

Replies: Reply from "Jack Herron" <jackherron@cox.com> (Re: [Leica] OT- War Photography)
Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net> (Re: [Leica] OT- War Photography)