Subject: [Leica] B&W Processing Procedure with a Jobo
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard-lists@imagecraft.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 02:49:28 -0800

OK, my first two rolls of B&W since about 21 years ago or are now drying.
One nice thing with slides is that it is just so exciting to see the images
coming to life, with negatives and especially B&W, sort of have no idea
what it really would be like.

I use Press Maxx on TMY, exposed at AS200 and developed 30% shorter
(supposedly give better scan according to Barry Thornton. May as well "go
for broke" and try all new things). My main question is this: with the
color E-6, you reuse the chemicals (up to 3 times). Does one do the same
for the B&W Chemical or just throw them out (or put them away for hazardous
waste disposal)? I'm pretty sure the developer goes, but how about the Stop
Bath, Fixer, and PhotoFlo drying agent? I am also using Heico Perma Wash,
does that get reused ?

Speaking of Hazardous Waste, for the Color E-6 chemical, I am saving the
Developers (First and Color), and the Stabilize as hazardous waste, but
assuming the Bleach/Fixer is OK to dispose in the sewage system (this is
Bay Area, CA). Am I correct?

Thanks for suggestions, comments etc.

use richard@imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com> (Re: [Leica] B&W Processing Procedure with a Jobo)