Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens cap missive
From: Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 22:05:05 -0600

I like both the Hama and Tamron lens caps. I replace all my caps with them.

The Hama is designed so that it can't be knocked off. Most caps have
protruding surfaces (the release mechanism) that are very liable to
release with a lateral bump.  The Hama recesses the release mechanism
into the front of the cap. This makes it easier to get a lens out of
a deeply recessed hood.

The Tamron is much the same but also has side releases. They're more
recessed than usual so they also don't fall off with a knock.

The Hama is more secure but the Tamron more ergonomic.

Karen

- --
Karen Nakamura