Subject: RE: [Leica] was snowing, now bikes in the cold
From: "WOC" <woc2@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 23:25:29 -0500

It can get a tad cold here, not the constant sub zero some of you get, but
well below freezing.  I got a Gerbing's http://www.gerbing.com/index.htm
heated jacket and gloves.  Decided on the jacket instead of the vest because
it keeps my arms warm as well.  I got them at a bike show and the fellow
talked my out of the pants.  Not sure that was a good idea but have noticed
that if I wear a pair of rain pants the wind does not get thru so the jacket
and gloves tend to do the job pretty well. The nice thing about their setup
is the way it connects, if you have an accessory plug then you use that end,
otherwise they come with a plug that connects directly to the battery and
the plug end snakes out under the seat. Makes riding in January and February
enjoyable.
And to keep this somewhat on topic, I find the gloves a tad cumbersome for
shooting while riding so when I am on the r1100r, I use a thinner glove and
the heated grips.
Bill