Subject: [Leica] #$@%$^ art photographers
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 10:21:29 -0500

[responding to tina and nathan, whos comments are below]

Well ... I'm nothing if not an art photographer (lord knows I'm not any
_other_ kind of photographer), and I disagree with these sweeping
generalizations of art photography. Certianly there's a lot of crap out
there. Recently I saw some large cibacrhomes of single colors (why paint
rothcoe when you can photograph it), and I think cindy sherman's doll photos
are beyond garbage, but in art galleries you find sally mann and anna
gaskill and any other number of very talented people. I like the photo on
the cover of this months art in america
"http://www.artinamericamagazine.com/" and I think Erwin Wurm is funny. Now.
What "art photography" might be interpreted as in your local art gallery,
might vary. In some places, thomas kinkade gets his stuff hung on walls. Go
figure that one out and explain it to me.

http://www.netaxs.com/~cassidy/fallen/
http://www.netaxs.com/~cassidy/gallerycard.jpg
http://www.netaxs.com/~cassidy/milla/

Tina Sed first:
> OK, guys, every time I go to a local art gallery featuring photography
> I have to come back and vent my spleen with this group to get
> re-grounded.

Then nathan sed:

Replies: Reply from "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com> (Re: [Leica] #$@%$^ art photographers)
Reply from Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] #$@%$^ art photographers)