Subject: Re: [Leica] Moving to B&W, recommendations please
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 10:32:54 +0100 (MET)

> I think I would like film with good tonal ranges, decent sharpness and of
> course scan well. So given those information, what would you recommend?

If I were going to stick to one kind of film for the lovely tonal range,
nice sharpness and easy scans ... Neopan. Neopan 400 is great, Neopan 1600
is great. Neopan and Xtol (at least 1:2, 1:3 if you can).

> Should I just go with Eric's comment that
> ***
> Talking about tonality, nothing I've seen can touch Press Maxx developer
> for beautiful tones with both TMY and TMX. TMX is simply amazing with it.
> ***
> Thoughts? Thanks!

Eric knows what he is talking about. I've never seen Press Maxx in Sweden
or Norway so I have never tried it.

Recommendation? Pick up a combination and stick with it until you know
exactly why you want to change.

Daniel Ridings
Lindome Sweden, Oslo Norway