Subject: Re: [Leica] IR Infrared Filter
From: robertmeier@usjet.net
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 19:40:52 -0600

Henning,

I hadn't thought of that, but it obviously is true -- that the Rollei filter
is ground for the 75mm lens (the Bay II filter, that is), and that it
wouldn't be accurate on another focal length.   Using the Rollei with the
Rolleikin in order to use HIE is a pain, but the results can be very
gratifying, and it is simple and easy to shoot IR film that way.   Too bad
Kodak never made HIE in 120.  The Konica 120 IR film is a diluted imitation
of the real thing.

Your experiences with the Panasonic are very interesting.  I should try that
with my Canon S50 which has a B&W mode:  the screen shows a B&W image, the
only B&W viewfinder I know of.  I'll see what it does with various filters.
Can you post any of your IR experiments?

Bob