Subject: RE: [Leica] IR Infrared Filter
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 19:44:11 -0500

Robert,
Yes, Leica did have IR filters for their lenses.  I have a chrome one
for my DR and any other 39mm thread and one for my Summitar.  As you
noted, focusing is a snap with a rangefinder and at the typical F8-11
apertures changing the focus is not that big a deal.

As for where, I would try the usual suspects: Tamarkin, Rich at
Photovillage, Sam at Classic Camera, and B&H.  If you want a modern
filter then B+W will make one on special order.  I think it would be a
92 or so in their vernacular.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com