Subject: Re: [Leica] The LEICA DIGILUX 2 is announced
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 20:21:03 -0800

"Saganich, Christopher/Medical Physics" wrote:

> Gene,
>
> Having the same decisions to make, and often making the wrong decisions, I've found that sticking with the newest Leica glass was the final decision for my favorite focal lengths, 35-90, and for the less favorites I readily consider vintage Leica or new CV, which is quite good.  Just my 2 cnts.
>
> Chris Saganich

First why the decision to go with vintage Leica glass in stead of more
recent? I'd think those sensibilities would influence and I'd think put
off the acquiring of the CV's. (Cosina Voigtländer).

The vintage Leica glass known for great bokeh and plenty of character
(imperfections).  ... The VC's many of which known for stinky bokeh and
sterile character.

I've got my eye and the CV 12mm. Better than the Leica 12mm

If the 75 2.5 looked better and had better specs I'd think about maybe
getting that more.

But now come to think of it the new Leica 90 F4 collapsible takes that
one out of the running as well for me at least.

I don't know if you're like me but every once in a blue moon I go down
to my darkroom and mix up a set of 20x24 trays. That's when I'm not
wondering what the images would be looking like if I'd shelled out for
the best Leica glass.
The grain within the grain.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA