Subject: Re: [Leica] Setting up a web site
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 23:40:24 +0100 (MET)

> This is a question to those of you out there who have web sites.  I am
> considering setting up a site and would like to get an idea of the best way
> to go about this endeavor.  I seen the Tripod.com site and it looks like it
> may be a good way to get started for a totally ignorant person like myself
> on this subject.  Is this a good way to get going or are there better
> places/services out there that a novice like myself can get started at?

Tripod is ok. It's European, so you might want to avoid it :)

Geocities is pretty good too.

http://geocities.yahoo.com

The advantage with geocities, for a starting point, is that you can pay a
very small fee (used to be less than 10 USD) and you won't get the ads on
your site. The ads tend to irritate people.

Daniel