Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: tv/tivo
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 11:23:17 -0800

On 2003-11-13 lwwesson@pier1.com (leo) thoughtfully wrote:

>how about tivo?  anyone use it?  my wife has been hinting to santa....

TiVo is soooooooo utterly fabulously wonderful I can't begin to describe it.

Now I get to watch what I want, when I want, quickly jumping over the
commercials.

When we had cable we had a regular TiVo, now we have DirecTV with a TiVo built
in. When them make an HD TiVo I'll get one of THOSE.

It's really wonderful. You can set up lists of programs you want to record and
it just does it. On my satellite system you can record two programs at the same
time. It's a REALLY nice system. The new TiVo (system 2) can interface with your
computer, as I recall (I don't have one of those.)

They really are great. Now there is a religious argument over whether TiVo is
better than the other system (whose name escapes me - I haven't paid much
attention) and you might want to shop around and try both systems.

I record Nightline and watch it at my leisure. I have it do WKRP (the first
season was TV comedy at it's finest - especially the Thanksgiving show)

Enjoy it!

Adma

Replies: Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: tv/tivo)
Reply from Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] Re: tv/tivo)