Subject: Re: [Leica] New PAW
From: "John Black" <jblack@ambio.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 11:14:21 -0500

> John,
>
> That looks yummy.  That is a _big_ pig that feed
> 100-150 people.  I haven't done one of these in a
> long time.
>
> - Phong

Thanks Phong....  It is interesting that many cultures use essentially the
same techniques to cook the same animal. The pig was a market weight
(200-250 lb) Landrace that was obtained from a local pig farmer. It was
slaughtered (no pix of that), scalded, scrapped and gutted prior to being
butterflied and placed on the wire. I don't know exactly how long the
cooking took place but it was at least 24 hours and maybe more. We were all
real hungry by the time it was ready!

JB