Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW43 Princess's or Karen made me do it
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 20:04:12 -0500

Perhaps a month ago Karen posted some images made with a 50's Canon F1.4
LTM lens that had a very pleasant look to them.  So when Central in
Chicago had two virtually mint ones available you know what went home
with me.  Last week I posted an image where I was trying to flare the
lens to not much effect.  This week I was in line behind this Princess
playing with her father.  The shadow side was very dim, maybe 1/8 at
F1.4 at ISO 100, with full sunshine outside.  While the negatives show
some veiling glare, the lens performed very well in a pretty demanding
situation.

Apologies to Ted G. the far eye is in focus, but Dad was doing the
Princess dance so getting anything in focus at 1/8 is good.

Modern Solms glass would definitely have been crisper, but for this
image the old defects add something to the feel of a special
relationship. IMHO.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=1874361&size=lg

Comments always welcome.

Don