Subject: [Leica] New film images posted
From: "Zeissler, Mitch" <MZEISSLE@gannett.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:45:38 -0500

All...

After a long hiatus from the LUG, I'm back.  In the intervening months
I, too, have been diagnosed with vision problems; acute dry syndrome in
both eyes, and AZOOR (Acute Zonal Occult Outer Retinopathy) in my right
eye.  However, the conditions seem to be slowly improving with the
miracles of modern medicine and they don't detract from my ability to
live life as I would like.  That said, here are some recent fall color
shots from central Maryland, taken with the IIIf, current 50mm Summilux,
and Portra 160NC:  http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1ssgc/Fall/index.htm

For a time I went with an R8 kit, then a Canon digicam kit.  Now I'm
back to Barnack / M shooting because I missed the ease of use and
painterly quality images I'm able to record with the Leica film-based RF
gear.  The R gear was too much (in all aspects), the digital was too
slow (in all aspects), and the RF gear is just right for me, considering
the style of shots I like to create.  Following recent LUG threads, a
number of the photos I'm offering up in this group can be had with high
end digital gear, but the image of the spider would be a tad difficult,
if for no other reason than it is a huge crop of the original image and
represents about a 1/10th of the image area or less.  All comments or
suggestions are welcome.

Additionally, I'm considering some Mid-Atlantic LUG
gatherings/shoot-fests that people would enjoy in the DC Metro region.
Any suggestions?  We could have a casual weekend meeting at just about
anytime, but I'm thinking a more formal one with a sanctioned tour might
generate more interest.

Regards,

/Mitch