Subject: [Leica] Re: Anyone been using the DiMAGE 5400? - some sample pic
From: Yoshihiro Sasaki <hiro@sasaki.cc>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 23:06:01 +0900

Thank you for your comments!
The picture is a dawn of Norikura mountains which lays the center of Japan,
almost 2500m high. This was the highest place where photographers can reach
by car. (cars are now prohibited for nature preservation)

For more detail of the scan, the velvia sleeve has been scanned using
Dimage 5400 at maximum resolution (5400 dpi) , 16 bit and 4 times multi
sampling, that is, at the almost top gear of the scanner. After that, the
picture was resampled for display resolution.

At this level of scanning, big amount of dusts and tiny tiny scratches can
be seen on close-up view, but the built-in Digital ICE take unusual process
time on my XP 1.3G PC so careful air-blow preparing would be needed for
this high resolution.

Other photos were scanned with display resolution from the beginning of scan.

thanks,

Hiro Sasaki
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~eg3y-ssk/photo/leica/eng.htm

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Anyone been using the DiMAGE 5400? - some sample pic)