Subject: Re: [Leica] something something and now animals
From: Barney Quinn <barney.quinn@noaa.gov>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 06:31:16 -0500

Rob,

Yes, there certainly are many illnesses which we inflict on ourselves.
But, there are also many which aren't. I have some strong feelings
about the "lifestyle" analysis of disease. Not everyone is in a
position where change is possible. For instance, stress can kill, yet
in the United States many people have to work two and even three jobs
to make ends meet. They, and others, simply have no choice but to
accept the damage and hope for the best. Sick is sick. Disease is
disease is disease. It some circles it is fashionable to blame the
victim for the disease. I am not a big fan of that. It may lower your
guilt quotient, but it does nothing for the sick person.

Barney