Subject: Re: [Leica] Image Recovery Software
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:27:47 -0800

Richard Clompus, Lea and Johnny Deadman offered advice as did others, so
thank you so much because you folks gave me another lesson along the curve.
Actually a few! :-)

I sat here with the newly wiped card and only knew after your posts that
maybe the imagery might be recovered. Unfortunately by then, me being so
damn determined to learn what I did wrong as to avoid it in the future. I
blasted a bunch of new frames over top of whatever may have been
recoverable. :-(

However all is not lost as I put the memory card to good use and have now
gone through this down loading routine at least 40 times while talking
myself  through the routine each time. So the other lesson was / is I
should've taken more time making sure each move was exactly as it should be
before doing it too quickly.

And best of all? To double check the files "IN THE COMPUTER folder!" That
the pictures are actually transferred before cleaning the memory card.
That's got to be the "BIGGY of the day!"

So to all who sent their sympathies and offers of assistance a great big
thanks for the advice. I chalk this up to a good day after all as I learned
more than you can imagine.  The LUG family scores again. :-)
Thanks everyone.
ted

Replies: Reply from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: Image Recovery Software)