Subject: Re[5]: [Leica] Annie Leibovitz
From: Sonny Carter <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 21:20:33 -0800

Hello LEICA-USER,
I thought it was you, but somehow, your email client does not put your name
in, and you forgot to sign.

I do not have a psychiatrist, having married a Nurse with a masters in
Psych, I find it not a problem. She helps me through the day.

Do they let you have access to the computer all day in your hospital,
or do you have certain hours that you can log on?

SonC

LUic> OK for the last time My name is Ruddy Roye.  I live in Brooklyn, I am a freelance
LUic> photographer who buys equipment from Rich Pinto, and
LUic> Tamarkin.  On a good day you
LUic> can find me at tamarkin hanging out.
LUic> Moving on.
LUic> The next person who make the reference that I am hiding
LUic> when I post my emails, just meet
LUic> me for lunch anywhere in the city and i will tell them exactly what I meant.
LUic> Next.
LUic> Sony, I cannot tell if you are shallow, maybe that is
LUic> something you might want to take up
LUic> with your psychiatrist, but my position on the topic is this:
LUic> I was responding to an email where I felt  someone was
LUic> laying it on heavy on Anne.
LUic> Personally she is not my favourite photog, but I felt
LUic> that we as photogs should allow other
LUic> people's work to bloom, let them breathe, and if we have
LUic> balls between our legs, we can
LUic> put ours out there to be criticised if that is why we do
LUic> our pictures.  I am not saying we
LUic> should love or hate ANNE.  I am saying we should look, hate or like, we should
LUic> acknowledge the fact that she is or has done WORK...as
LUic> lame as we might think the shit
LUic> is...it is still WORK...For instance, I do not know your
LUic> work Sony...I would like to see it in a
LUic> book somewhere so that I might l;ook, like, or hate...
LUic> Now if you feel like throwing your leicas in a river, I
LUic> can send you my address offline and I
LUic> will throw it in the river for you.  All the other time
LUic> wasters, or leica wasters, do you have
LUic> anything else to say?

>> Hello LEICA-USER,
>>
>> Amazing Post.  From my point of view, stealth posting, no Name. Also hard
>> to figure out what the hell you are saying from your stealth position.
>> I must be too damn shallow to understand you. Are you saying everyone
>> should love Annie?  Or do exactly what she does?  Or throw our Leicas
>> in the river?  'fes up! tell us what the hell you really mean.
>>
>> SonC

>> LUic> she did it.  Neither one of us did what she did...oh
>> LUic> yes..maybe, quite a number of us could
>> LUic> have....but we did not...she did and so I think we should
>> LUic> APPRECIATE instead of HATE.
>> LUic> She might not have taken pics that WE do but she did hers
>> LUic> her own way and the world is a
>> LUic> much different place because of them. We should not judge why and how
LUic> people's sanity