Subject: [Leica] NOW: 35 1.2 New Subscriber, Introduction
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:24:39 -0800

c/v 35 MM F 1.2 ASPHERIC LENS.
B. D. Colen offered:
Subject: RE: [Leica] New Subscriber, Introduction

> It's fascinating reading Irwin's review and comparing it to Stephen
> Gandy's ad and quotes from Tom A. If you believe Erwin, this lens is a
> coke bottle bottom until you get to the middle aperatures, and there
> it's no great bargin - if you believe Stephen and Tom, it's the greatest
> thing since sliced bread, the equal of the truly stellar Leica 35
> Summilux ASPH....
> Go figure...;-)<<<<

Hi B.D.,
I'll go along with Tom and Stephen on this lens, it's an excellent lens for
whatever film one is using.

It's almost taken over from my Noctilux  :-( as the regular use lens, it's a
cracker jack image cutter! Not sure where Erwin got his test lens but mine
has been used right along side the Leica 35 1.4 Aspheric and it's tough to
tell them apart.

I suppose if one is well endowed with dollars then go for the Leica, however
the rest of us can have basically Leica quality for a comfortable price that
delivers an excellent image into film.

Sorry folks but that's lens life and quality facts from a regular shooter in
work mode.

ted