Subject: RE: [Leica] Lens hood for Summicron-M 35mm
From: Peterson Arthur G NSSC <PetersonAG@NAVSEA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:55:14 -0400

		Just to give you an additional point of view or bit of
information, I too like that vented metal shade, except for one problem:
using it on my latest-pre-aspherical 35mm Summicron, the metal shade's
circumfrence, given the way it seats itself on the front of the short lens
barrel, makes it rather more difficult to grasp and turn the nearby aperture
ring than with the rectangular plastic hood.  But maybe I just have fat
fingers.  (No such problem operating the focusing ring, by the way, as that
lies farther back on the lens barrel, and in any case, it sports a handy
focusing tab.)

		Art Peterson
		Alexandria, Virginia