Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 42: Noorderlicht, Amsterdam, Almere
From: Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 20:54:33 +0100

Hi Steve,

Thanks for looking and commenting.

> > > http://www.wajsmanphoto.com/2003_42.jpg
>
> I like this but wish the gentleman was more clearly looking at the
> photograph....? vs reading...

What he is reading is the explanation of why that photograph is where it
is. The main exhibition of Noorderlicht is in Groningen's main church, and
for some strange reason the local church powers objected to this particular
image being exhibited in the church. So it was moved to another location, a
cultural center where the Magnum exhibit was housed, and the article on the
wall details the whole controversy. I must admit to also spending more time
reading the article than looking at the photograph...

Nathan
- --
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands