Subject: Re: [Leica] Is digital photography necrophilia?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:04:22 -0700

Jim Laurel just spooked a couple of young guys!!!!! :-)

They had come to visit and have their portfolios critiqued before they went
out into the "cold cruel world of photography."  Also they had this great
idea of "traveling the world with their digital cameras to sell photo
stories from any place they were on the planet."

I always love these ideas in theory. :-)

They were going on about never having to shoot film, process etc. and were
going to travel the world transmitting their photography from any location,
as there isn't any place in the world that one can't connect with a
satellitte for quick picture supply to magazines. Ya right!

I had read your post just before they arrived and when they explained "their
great idea" I immediately thought of your post and let them read it!

It was a great big in yer face "crash and burn!"    "WOW!! Jeeze we never
thought of all that stuff!" On the one hand they power dived right into the
ground and wiped out from your post and the facts of "real life ways of real
life photography" with digital.

But the good thing is they re-read it and learned! Thanks for opening their
eyes to the reality of the "electronic world!"
ted

Message from "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com> (Re: [Leica] Is digital photography necrophilia?)