Subject: Re: [Leica] Fw: A priceless comment
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:07:35 -0700

><Snip>  would point
> out though that I find amusing your description of digital photography
> as seeming "not a little bit like magic" - given that one so often hears
> the traditional darkroom process described in precisely those same
> words.
> :-)
>
> B. D.

An image coming out of the Dektol is black magic if ever i saw it. I
never got over the first time I saw it happen.

Computers are fun. But I don't go down on my knees thanking god about
them nor worrying if the Devil is hanging out over my right shoulder.
If it's magic it's magic that was done in a software lab somewhere else
at some other time. I am just now seeing some of it's results.

But I'm the one making the picture develop real time as i wiggle it
having mixed up the soup and poured it out and inadvertently breathed
some of it.
Real time magic happens in the darkroom.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com