Subject: Re: [Leica] Summitar and ultron shots
From: "Rafael Alday" <rafaelalday@yahoo.es>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:22:47 +0200

Thank you John,
You are right I think I have overshapened the film. I scanned the film (flat
bed epson 2400) with soft mask. So I used the sharpener filter to compensate
this feature but the result was not good. I think it had beed better to use
only the border shrapener filter.
However I am very happy with summitar. This weekend I have been testing
(unofficially and unprofessionally) my 4 50mm lenses (CV Nokton, Summitar,
Jupiter 8 and Industar 50). I would wish a Summicron but I need time, money
and some help in deciding the model (Rigid, DR, Black summicron or last
generation).
In this test TO ME, Summitar won to Nokton. Jupiter was in the middle and
Industar 50 was the worst by far.
I'll try to put this test on the net looking for your opinion.
Rafael